CELEBRATING 22 YEARS IN BUSINESS

I have now been at it for 22 years. I never thought that I would make it this far. Many times just wanted to stop and do something else. Just when those thoughts would pollute my mind someone, usually a stranger, would show up or call me and remind me of why I started this business 22 years ago.
Business and Art a troubling and difficult way to make money!It is a bit of an Oxymoron. A pointed foolishness. A contradiction. When I was a child my mother took me to the museum of modern art in NYC. I was in the 4Th grade. My parents always taught me and my sisters that there was more to this world then met the eye. Exposing us to all things cultural, natural, creative and political. My mother became aware that Guernica a painting by Picasso was heading home to Spain. On loan to the museum, we had one last chance see it. I have never forgotten that moment. As I stood in the exhibition hall with others milling around me I marveled at the greatness. It uttered its story with out words but with pictures. That moment hit the spot! 40 years later I desire to do the same, for others. It is an intangible experience. Hard to describe the feeling but when it happens there is no denying it, and with that experience connect on a very deep visceral level with the viewer.

In order to inspire others with this experience I have decided to open the studio for summer hours. Starting May 1, 2009 I will be open W-F 10am - 2pm and Saturday and Sundays by appointment only, so that maybe just maybe my creations "HIT THE SPOT". In addition, I now accept MasterCard and Visa to aid in bringing this experience home with you. Come on by and check out my spot.

So now that spring and the advent of summer is on its way I can stop feeling like the blue nude and move into a more lively color. This piece was created in the middle of winter in the shoreline of NH.

This is what happens when an artist that loves color and lacks the vitamin D to process the winters here in New England. Soon I promise you will see a livelier color palette.

For now I am delighted with what I have been able to do with this blog. I owe a great deal of thanks to a couple of
friends and mentors who kept cheering me on to do the blog. I would like to thank Robin and her lovely daughter for all there help and encouragement. I would also like to thank my very good friend Erik who was the first to suggest a blog and get my feet wet with this form of communicating on the Web. I really don't think it would have happened with out them. I would also like to thank Stanton for always encouraging me every step and back step I have taken in this art career. Standing next to me all the time and never ever giving up hope that my gift is worth sharing with the world. I love you Stanton!

Comments

  1. Thanks for your inspiring comment on Maza Studio, Carolina, it's wonderful to know there is a new Cuban generation who cares about our island and that brings me fresh hope. Please write to me directly, I'd love to find out more about you & your family--we may know each other or have mutual friends. In the meantime, I wish you great success with your art and your blog, which I will be following from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had trouble leaving a comment when I first visted... Let's see wha' happens.

    Nice to see the work out here!

    I really like the marker sketch of the Big Black singer!

    All my best,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts